We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
Welcome back to the Disneyland 101 Series. This series has been aimed at helping you plan your very first Disneyland vacation. Today, we are going to talk about things that make your Disneyland trip easier, more magical, and are just good to know. You can find all of the Disneyland 101 series posts by CLICKING HERE.
If you are new to Disney vacations, you may be thinking what are fastpasses? How do I get those buttons? We are here to help.
UPDATE: During our March 2014 visit we verified Rider Switch Passes are now good for 3 people to get back on the ride.
Have 2 people use fastpasses for Thunder Mountain and obtain a parent swap. When they get off, the other two riders will use the (1) parent swap to access Thunder Mountain’s fastpass lane.
Repeat this same system at Indiana Jones.
UPDATE: During our March 2014 visit we verified Rider Switch Passes are now good for 3 people to get back on the ride.Fastpass for World of Color
- You can go to any Quick/Counter Service restaurant and get free ice water(s).
- Photopass Photographers will take a picture with your camera if you ask them.
- If there are two lines open, generally the line on the right moves faster.
- Fantasyland is least busy first thing in the morning, or right after they area is reopened after the fireworks.
- Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Critter Country all have short waits in the time leading up to the first showing of Fantasmic until after the fireworks. The lines stay low until after the second showing of Fantasmic in most cases.
- Tomorrowland is slow leading up to the fireworks and through the firework show
- If you ever see a wait for Star Tours that is less than 15 minutes- GO! Go NOW!
- Take full advantage of Magic Morning if you have it. Be there 30 minutes before Magic Morning starts.
- They let people into the parks before opening. Usually about 30 minutes before opening. You can walk Main Street or Buena Vista Street during this time.
- Characters give autographs and pose for pictures. If an autograph book is not your thing, check out our list of 10 alternatives to autograph books HERE.
- You can find characters throughout the parks, but the best place to meet the Princesses is at the Princess Fantasy Faire. The best place to meet Mickey is in his house. Minnie is also in her house a lot. The “Fab Five” (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald) are most commonly found in Toon Town.
Don’t forget that if you are traveling one of our best tips is to rent a stroller and/or other baby items from our sponsor City Stroller Rentals. You can get a quote from them by clicking HERE. Jewel is very helpful, and her strollers are AMAZING! Be sure to let her know Love Our Disney referred you.
I hope this post was super helpful to all of those planning their first Disenyland, and maybe first Disney, vacation. Next up we will go over different dining options for Disneyland Resort.A special thanks to Dawn from I Am A Disney Nerd, and Aunesty from Temporary Tourist for the fastpass photos.