We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Red Loop. Today we are sharing ways to save money for your Disney vacation. It takes money to save money so I am excited to share some creative ways to make extra money for Disney vacations with you.
We all know Disney can be expensive. While there are a lot of ways to save money for Disney (Like our 5 best ways to save on Disneyland vacations) sometimes those save money tips still leave us a little short on funds for that magical vacation. But don’t worry. There are lots of creative ways to make extra money for Disney vacations, and I am going to share some of them with you.
Creative Ways To Make Extra Money for Disney Vacations
- Swagbucks. Okay, this is probably my favorite way to make extra money because I can do it without a lot of effort. Swagbucks is a search engine and survey type site that rewards you with points or “swagbucks” for different tasks. If you use their search engine, you will randomly be rewarded swagbucks for some searches. You can earn swagbucks by watching videos (or letting them play while you cook or do dishes) or taking surveys. There are also swagbucks you can earn for shopping on different websites, so it can work kind of like a cash back type reward. Once you earn a certain amount of swagbucks, you can redeem them for different gift cards. You can choose Paypal, Amazon, or even a restaurant gift card. I easily (with little to no effort) make $50-$75 a month on Swagbucks. If you want to give swagbucks a try, you can do so by CLICKING HERE*. And, when you sign up, use code LOCL70 to receive 70 swagbucks to start you off. This is a special code for my readers. (*This is my swagbucks referal link)
- Yard Sales or Consignment Sales. Yard sales and Consignment Sales are great ways to earn some extra money if you have a lot of stuff you need to get rid of. You can sale clothing, furniture, baby gear, books, movies, and more. Be sure to ask a fair price (50% of retail is usually a good starting point if the item is in great condition). You can make a few hundred dollars in a single weekend if you have enough items and enough traffic. This is a great way to make extra money for Disney.
- Buy, Sell, Trade Groups. If you are short on items to have a full on garage sale, Buy, Sell Trade Groups are a great way to get rid of items you no longer use and make a little money. You can find several on facebook, that are local. Be sure to take good pictures of your items, set a reasonable price, and be safe when meeting up with buyers.
- Drive for Uber. I talked about this in my 5 Ways to Make $500 by Christmas post but if you have a car (that meets the criteria) and a driver’s license, driving for Uber could be a great way to make extra money for Disney vacations. Not only will you make money via the app, but tips can add up. With Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years all coming, you could make some great money to put in that Disney fund.
- Start paying for everything in cash. One creative way to start saving money for Disney is to start paying for everything in cash. This will do two things- it will make you think more carefully about what you purchase. (This is why it is one of the biggest tips from debt reduction gurus). Now, only pay for items in bills and then you can put all of your coins into a Disney Fund Jar (like the one we created HERE) and believe it or not that money will add up. We often times find we have close to $100 in our jar after 6-12 months of saving. And yes I know, this isn’t technically making extra money, but it is a good tip.
- Or Start Using Credit Cards. If you have a credit card (or debit card) with any sort of cash back reward, you can start using them to pay all of your bills. Just be sure to pay it off every month so you do not accrue any interest. Disney even has a visa card through Chase that you can use and then put the rewards towards your Disney vacation.
- Donate Plasma. This is another item I talked about in the 5 Ways to Make $500 y Christmas post. Donating plasma is something many think of as a way for college kids to earn extra money, but it is a great way to also make extra money for Disney. Plasma donation centers can pay $100/week or more depending on the area. In Idaho they pay around $70/week. That is $3640 a year. Some places also have bonuses month for regular donators, and new donators often have specials as well. Not only does donating plasma earn you extra money, it is for a good cause. I always like to point out the Goof has a blood disorder and if he were ever in an emergency situation, plasma would be needed for him. Please contact your local plasma donation center for criteria and more information.
- Babysit. One great thing you can do to earn extra money is babysit. Offer to babysit for date nights, or take on a child full time. Just be sure you are within any state guidelines. This is also a great option for teenagers to earn some extra money for Disney vacations so they can pitch in or have their own spending money.
Even with making extra money, it is important to also make sure you are getting a good deal. Check out our post on how to go to Disneyland for Cheap in 2017 for more ideas. Also, if you are wanting to book a package deal, check out our friends at Get Away Today. They have amazing deals, and they have some giveaways open for FREE hotel stays and more. You can find all the giveaways on their blog by CLICKING HERE. These giveaways are all open until November 14, 2016. If you would like to check out pacakges from them, you can do so by clicking the image below.
(I am an affiliate of Get Away Today. If you book through them, using my link, you will get an awesome deal, and I will make a little money. How cool is that?)
Do you have another creative way to make extra money for Disney vacations? Leave it in the comments below.
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Red | Saving Money for Disney Loop:
- 1st Stop – Saving Up for Disney | How Kids Can Save Money for Disney (+ Disney DIY Tutorial!)
- 2nd Stop – Love Our Crazy Life | Creative Ways to Make Extra Money for Disney Vacations
- 3rd Stop – Trips with Tykes | Travel Hacking Basics to Save For Your Family’s Disney Vacation
- 4th Stop – Disney in Your Day | Perks to Using a Disney Visa
- 5th Stop – Disney Nouns | Selling Your Way to Disney