We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
I am going to spill the beans on how I pay for most of my travel (especially my trips to Disney). The great thing is, this is not one of those “become a blogger and get free travel” spills that people do. This does not require you creating a blog, writing, or asking people for free stays. All it takes is using my favorite rewards site…Swagbucks.
What is Swagbucks? Is Swagbucks Legit?
When I start talking about Swagbucks the two biggest questions I get are “What is Swagbucks? ” and “Is Swagbucks legit?” So let’s address these two questions.
Swagbucks is totally legit. I have been using it for probably 6 or 7 years. Swagbucks is a rewards site. Basically it is a site where you sign up, and earn points called SB through different tasks. Some of these points are “cash back” type deals for shopping online. Others are for doing tasks, like watching videos. You can also use their search engine, enter in swagcodes and more. Then you simply redeem those points for rewards. In a moment, I will share some tips for earning more on Swagbucks, but let’s cover how it actually pays for my vacations first.
How Swagbucks Pays For My Vacations
Swagbucks pays for a lot of my vacations. I earn a minimum of $25/month just from the search engine. On months when I really make sure to utilize Swagbucks, I can earn up to $150/month.
Wait…Becca… Backup. You said we earn POINTS. You are talking money…
Oh, good catch. Okay, basically I use the points (SB) to cash in for gift cards. 100 points equals $1 in gift cards. I usually use the first set of SB each month to get an Amazon gift card or Target Gift Card, but then after that, I get PayPal money, which I set aside for my vacations. If you fly, they even have airline gift cards you can purchase.
So why do I get a non-PayPal gift card first?
The reason I choose to get a non-PayPal gift card first is because the first $25 gift card each month is on sale for only 2200 SB (what would normally equal $22). That discount is not available on PayPal gift cards, so that is why I choose a different option.
Once I have the PayPal money built up, I will use it to pay for vacation. If I am going to Disney, I use it to either pay for my package through Get Away Today or I transfer the money to the bank account linked to my Target Red Card (debit version) to use to buy discount Disney Gift Cards.
Tips For Earning More Swagbucks
So now that I explained how I can use Swagbucks to pay for my vacation, how about some tips for earning more SB? I am going to share some of my favorite ways to earn right here.
- Make Swagbucks your default search engine. Making Swagbucks your default search engine makes it super easy to earn your search points. Remember, you won’t earn Swagbucks for every search, you will just be awarded them at random times. Anywhere up to four times a day in my experience. I am online searching A LOT so this is an easy way for me to earn Swagbucks.
- Install the SwagButton on your browser. Installing the SwagButton makes it really easy to help earn SB online. It is kind of like a quicklink or mini dropdown menu to access some of the best Swagbuck earning tools. It will also pop up notifications for Swagcodes that may be live.
- Utilize shop and earn. Many of us have heard of shop and earn sites. Swagbucks has their own shop and earn section which can be found easily via the SwagButton or on their site. You can earn a percentage back on purchases in SBs (which you then use to get gift cards).
- Check out special deals. One thing I love about Swagbucks is that I can get awesome deals online, and earn Swagbucks for it. Want to try out Dollar Shave club for dad for Father’s Day? Check Swagbucks first to see if they have a special offer. We got the first box for 50% off or something, plus a good amount of Swagbucks (this was last year). They may also have free trials of streaming services, and more. Don’t just spend money to get the SBs (that defeats the purpose) but if you want to try something, go check and see what deals they have for you.
That is the basics of what I do. But there are people who do even more and earn quite a bit more than I do on Swagbucks.
How To Earn Even More
If you want to earn even more with Swagbucks, here are some additional ways to earn:
- Download the Swagbucks apps. Swagbucks has a few apps that can help you earn more SBs. From apps for watching videos to answering questions and more, you can do a whole lot on your phone to earn more SBs, which means more money!
- Watch those videos. Watch the videos to earn more SBs, either on your phone or on the computer. You can earn up to 500 SBs/day with the Watch feature. (Hint: Many people put the Swagbucks Watch app on their phone and then just let it play through out the day.)
- Share with friends. Share with friends how you earn money through Swagbucks and give them your referal link. When they earn SBs, you can earn some as well. While I don’t actively promote joining Swagbucks, the link below is my referal link. (I even have a special offer for those who sign up through my link below)
That is all there is to it. Use those gift cards to pay for your vacation!
Check Out This Special Offer For My Readers:
All throughout June you can earn large bonuses when sign up as my referral on Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a rewards site where you earn points (called SB) for things you’re probably doing online already, like searching the web, watching videos, shopping, discovering deals, and taking surveys. Then you take those points and exchange them for gift cards to places like Amazon, Target, or PayPal cash.
When you sign up through me this month, you can earn a 300 SB bonus! Here’s how:
2. Earn 300 SB total before July 1st, 2018. You’ll get a 300 SB bonus for it!
3. That’s it. It’s super easy, and Swagbucks is for real.