We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
One of my favorite things about summer is the music. Whether it is cranking up my favorite song on the radio, going to a concert, or (my favorite) a multi-day music festival, I love to enjoy some good tunes during my days in the sun. Summer brings a lot of great concerts and music festivals all around the country. In fact, Lollapalooza is coming up at the end of this week in Chicago!
One thing I have always worried about is what to take with me to music festivals. After my fair share of concerts and music festivals, and a little help from Giuliana Rancic, I have a list of over 10 items you will definitely want in your bag when you go to your favorite music festival. Not only that, I have a giveaway for you to win Giuliana’s picks AND info on how you can win a trip to Wanderlust 108 Festival in Miami.
Items To Take To A Musical Festival
When heading to an all day or multi-day festival you need to be able to take several necessitites. Below our my top items to include, and then I will also share Giuliana Rancic’s picks (which would be on my list anyways) and how you can win them for your self.
- A great bag. Since you will need to take several items, a great bag is a must. I strongly suggest something that is light weight, easy to carry, has a few pockets inside, and is a decent size. Not only are you going to need to take several items, but you might want to have somewhere to put a souvenir shirt or other memorabilia.
- Hand sanitizer. Maybe I am a bit of a germaphobe, or maybe not. Either way, I almost always take hand sanitizer when I go to places where there will be a lot of people or long lines for bathrooms (in case they are out of soap). I like to purchase ones that fit in the little silicone casings you can hook right on to your purse.
- Chapstick (with SPF). Being out in the sun you definitely need to protect your lips so I strongly suggest a chapstick with SPF in it. You can even find some that are tinted to give you a hint of color.
- Travel size deodorant. Nobody wants to be the one who people back away from when you lift your arms to sway to the music. Taking a small travel size deodorant will help make sure you smell fresh even when sweating in the hot sun. Tip: You can also use deodorant under your chest, or in the small of your back. To avoid chub rub, there is body glide that helps between the thighs.
- Sunscreen is another must if a music festival is being held outdoors. Be sure to get one that has a high SPF (at least 30) and is sweat and water proof. Be sure to reapply often as well.
- Hair ties and comb/brush are good to have on hand if you have longer hair. You may get hot and want to pull your hair up so these are great to have on hand. Plus there are several things that hair ties can come in handy for.
- Back up battery charger. You will definitely be taking a lot of photos and posting on social media, so be sure to have a backup charger for your phone. I like to take one that can charge my phone at least 1.5-2 times.
- Gum. Fight bad breath and dry mouth with some gum. Great to carry with you in your purse.
- Sunglasses. If you will be outside make sure you protect your eyes with some sunglasses. Don’t want to chance losing or breaking your good pair? Pick up a cheap but stylish pair for the festival.
Giuliana Rancic’s Picks You Will Also Want to Include
I absolutely love these picks from Giliana Rancic and think they should be in your bag as well.
- Floppy Hat. Nothing says summer like a floppy hat. Plus they are perfect for protecting your face and giving a little shade. You can find them in tons of styles and colors. You can add a flower or other accent to them as well.
- Moleskin. If you are on your feet all day in the heat, you can develope blisters or sore spots. Carrying little squares of moleskin (about 1’x1′) is a great idea. If you start to feel a blister coming simply use one of those squares to help comfort your foot.
- Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths with CleanRipple® Texture. Nothing is worse than not having a clean bum while spending all day walking and dancing. I love the CleanRipple® Texture because it makes sure my bum is always clean. Having this in your bag will make sure you always have a clean bum, even if there is no toilet paper left in the stalls from the long line of women that went before you. In fact, those little ripples are what set Cottonelle® apart from other brands. Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture is designed to clean better, so you’re clean & confident enough to go commando. You will be able to rock out anywhere without worry.
- Naked Skin Beauty Balm by Urban Decay. I absolutely love Beauty Balm so I am so glad this is on the list. (Like I said, I would have included Giuliana’s picks anyways). This is a great tinted moisturizer that includes SPF. Once you pair it with a floppy hat and sunglasses, you are looking great and protecting your skin. Just be sure to reapply often, and if you find you are sweating too much, use some regular sunscreen underneath.
- Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray. I have to be honest, I had never used a makeup setting spray before this one, so I have no other to compare it to- but this one totally rocks! This is perfect when you will be out all day (or night). It helps keep your makeup looking fresh all day or night- up to 16 hours!
Those are my (and Giuliana’s) must have music festival items. And guess what- you are going to have a chance to WIN Giuliana’s picks! (More on that in a bit)
First though, I wanted to let you know that our friends at Cottonelle® want to help you transform your mind, body and bum and send you to Wanderlust 108 Festival in Miami this October. You can enter to win the trip by CLICKING HERE. PLUS there is also a great coupon for you to use on your next purchase of Cottonelle® so you can rock your bum with the CleanRipple® Texture that allows you to go commando.
Now, for the giveaway!
Enter to WIN a Cottonelle® Festival Must-Haves Kit
Giveaway Entry Details:
The Cottonelle® “Festival Must Haves” Reader Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:01 a.m. EST on July 25, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on August 8, 2016 (the “Entry Period”)
Cottonelle® Festival Must Haves Kit ($50 ARV).
Each kit will include a selection of fabulous festival “must haves” — Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths with CleanRipple® Texture, a floppy hat, makeup setting spray, tinted moisturizer and moleskin
You can enter the giveaway using the giveaway widget provided below. Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.