We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias
Mike is a huge movie buff. He loves to watch movies, and he would go see every movie in theaters if he could. But, we have a 6 year old and twin toddlers, so that one is not happening. But, I have to admit, I love a good movie myself, especially if it is one I can watch with family and friends in the comfort of my own home. Today I want to share with you 5 must-see movies for summer vacation and let you know how you can see these awesome movies FOR FREE! Even if you don’t own them (and legally too!)
As we are planning out our summer, I wanted to plan in some fun movie nights, but I have also been busy planning vacations, theater camp, swimming lessons, and more. Life is going to be fun, but BUSY! In order to make sure my family can keep in touch I knew that we needed to all be connected. Mike and I have cell phones, but I decided we needed to add a phone for the house that could be used by any babysitters, nieces or nephews that are visiting, and so forth that would already have all the important numbers programmed in. So I headed to Walmart and signed up for the Walmart Family Mobile Plan. I wanted a no-contract plan that also was affordable. The Walmart Family Mobile Plan is perfect for that as it is only $49.88/month for Unlimited Talk, Text & Data with up to 10GB of 4G LTE. data. On top of that, we get an extra little bonus every month we pay our bill on time- a FREE rental code to rent a movie on VUDU (up to $7 which is enough for the new releases). SWEET! Now we can have some fun movie nights with family and friends!
I have a whole list of movies I want to check out this summer, but I also love spending time with friends so I love that I can use our new Cool Pad Rogue smart phone ($19.88 on rollback from $39.83*) to send some texts to friends and family to come over and join us! I love having people over to watch movies! Since it is summer I thought a BBQ and movie would be a great get together.
If you want to host an even cooler movie night- try hanging a white sheet in your backyard and using a projector (connected to your streaming device) to project your movie and create an outdoor theater for your guests.
Okay, now onto my movie picks! I was browsing VUDU and I was totally impressed with the movies they had- all within the $7 price range for the free code. New ones, classic ones, and everything in between. I wanted to make a list that would be great for families and friends, and that was really easy to do. These are my 5 must-see movies this summer for a movie night with family and friends.
- Star Wars The Force Awakens– This one might not be good for younger kids, but how could I make this list and not include this movie? I was actually shocked to see it on VUDU. I thought for sure VUDU would be like other streaming services that don’t have these popular movies for several months to years later…but I was wrong! The Force Awakens would be perfect for an outdoor movie night- it would be almost like seeing it in the theaters again! You could also make glow-stick light sabers for everyone for after dark. How fun would that be?
- Zootopia- This movie is just adorable! My son has watched it Every. Single. Day. since it was released, and you know what? I don’t mind. It is really good! Zootopia is the place that anyone can be anything and it has such a great message. For this movie it might be fun to have kids bring all their favorite stuffed animals.
- The Peanuts Movie- Another super cute movie kids of all ages will love! Us adults will reminisce about reading the comic and watching the original Charlie Brown specials, while our kids will laugh like the Goof did at Snoopy’s antics and everyone will dance to the music! Such an adorable film!
- Eddie the Eagle- Another one that is more for older kids and adults, but definitely worth a watch. Eddie the Eagle is an inspiring movie that will uplift the entire family.
- Horton Hears a Who- My last pick is a bit older movie, but one I absolutely love. I love that this movie is perfect for the whole family and reminds your little ones that they are a person and so they are important!
I love that I can rent one of these movies each month for free with my Walmart Family Mobile plan. If you want to get on this plan and get free movie rentals Just head to your local Walmart! I love that I can have a great smart phone for a decent price, so I save money there as well. I highly suggest checking out the new LG K7 for $89.88.* (Sadly my Walmart didn’t have these in stock) It is super easy to get set up with your phone. You purchase your phone outright and if you are a new customer, a starter kit (the K7 takes a nano starter kit). They can set you up right there in store in just a few moments. Our store has a Walmart Wireless center at the front of the store, but many stores also have them in the electronics section. Look for the contract free phones in the blue boxes!
Walmart Family Mobile Plan bills you AFTER your month, so you only have to pay for the phone and starter kit up front. The starter kits are on rollback (for the first time ever) and are only $19.88! You can basically start your plan with a new smart phone (that you own outright) and service for under $40.
- Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to https://cbi.as/3edbv or your local Walmart for current pricing.
With the amazing data plan, you will be able to utilize all of the phone’s android apps without worry! So you can facebook your friends about your movie night plans, post pictures of your vacation and more, all without having to worry about if you have WiFi access.
Once you have your plan and your phone, the only thing left to do is to check out all the great movies on VUDU and decide which one you will be watching with your first code. Browse the movies on VUDU and let me know which one you will pick in the comments below.