We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
This post contains an affiliate link, which means if you purchase via that link, I earn a little money. Same great price for you, and a little extra money for me to help me run my site.
Most of you know that we go to Disneyland several times a year. Heck, even with not going once during my twin pregnancy, I still managed to have 3 trips in 2014 and 2 in 2015. Yep, I love Disneyland that much.
And that is why it hurts to type this…
I don’t think we will be going to Disneyland in 2016.
That hurt. A lot.
Now, don’t get me wrong. We still love Disneyland. We would go all the time if we could. But, we have some very good reasons that we most likely will not be heading there in 2016 (although plans can still change).
- All the closures. In January of 2016 several attractions in Disneyland will be closing to begin work on Star Wars Land. I personally hated visiting California Adventure during the remodel, and while that was probably a lot more noticeable then the Star Wars Land construction will be in Disneyland, I honestly just don’t like that closing certain areas makes other parts of the park feel even more crowded.
- The twins will be at that age. While we took the Goof during that age, it is harder with two. Two toddlers is hard. They want to walk for all of two seconds, and then they want carried. They are too heavy to hold in line the entire time, but not old enough to really understand the whole “wait in line for 40 minutes” thing. And honestly, we have to take an extra adult most of the time so that Mike and I can at least do one or two rides together.
- There are other travel destinations. As much as us Disney fanatics like to pretend this is not true, there are other travel destinations. While Disney is always one of our favorites, we would be doing our children a huge disservice by never letting them experience anything else. Yellowstone, the Oregon Coast, the Redwoods, the Grand Canyon, are just a few of the destinations that are as close to us as Disneyland. We also have a trip to Portland to plan for a wedding and to visit family. We want to take some money and time to focus on those other destinations and what they have to offer.
- Money. It is getting harder and harder to travel to Disneyland on a budget. Prices go up, we have more kids, hotels are charging more. And while we could still afford to go, we have some goals in life that we want to reach and we could reach them a lot faster if we weren’t going down to Disneyland multiple times a year.
- We are going to Walt Disney World (hopefully). Unless things change, our family is heading to Walt Disney World in the fall. I have tickets to a blogger conference that is being held there and I don’t want to go without my family, so unless health, employment, or something else makes us change our plans, we will be heading to Walt Disney World. So we will get our Disney fix, just not on our side of the country.
Disneyland is my home, and I will continue to write about Disneyland and Disney, and share tips, memories, and more…but this year, we just won’t be making it there. I still feel super blessed. There are people who are never able to make it to a Disney park, for multiple reasons. So I don’t feel sorry for myself, but I also am wondering if I will be able to stay away. Will I be able to do it? I don’t know. We have had multiple times in the past that we have said “we aren’t going to do Disney this year” but we always end up going somehow. So we will see, but as of now, we will not be visiting Disneyland in 2016.
If you are planning to go to Disneyland, be sure to check out the amazing deals through Get Away Today. They have some great packages and they even have a layaway plan you can get started on for only $125 (less than Disney requires to book). But if you are like us, and it is time for a vacation other than Disneyland, Get Away Today has packages for other Southern California destinations. We are pretty tempted to head to Universal Hollywood for the opening of Harry Potter World. Check out all they have to offer HERE. (affiliate link)
This post contains an affiliate link for Get Away Today. Affiliate links do not change the amazing deals you get, but it does help me earn a little money for any booking made through my affiliate link. So you get a great vacation at a good price, and you help support this blog! How cool is that?