We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
Is it just me or are father’s the hardest people on earth to shop for? Seriously, most of them have everything they want for the day to day life because when they want something, they just go buy it. Must be why my father always got ties or socks. But seriously, who wants to give socks to their awesome dad or husband? Since our family loves to travel, I have been searching high and low, and researching all the awesome gifts for those dads who love travel. Check out these travel gifts for dad, perfect for birthdays, father’s day and more.
Best Travel Gifts For Dad
Links in this post may be affiliate links. We may earn money from sales made through these links.
If you have a husband or father who loves travel, we have you covered on the gift front. From small budgets to large, we have some of the best travel gifts for dads.
- Travel books to inspire future adventures. If the dad in your life loves to travel and explore, they may love a book that inspires them with ideas for new vacation destinations or activities. One of our families favorite books that gives us wanderlust is National Geographic’s Destinations of a Lifetime: 225 of the World’s Most Amazing Places. It includes amazing photography, awe inspiring locations and more. While the book is available on Kindle, I strongly suggest the hardcover book. Our family loves to look through these books together and I have never regretted purchasing a hard copy.
- Travel inspired clothing. A fun, travel inspired spin on some classic gifts for dad, travel inspired clothing is a great option. My husband loves funny shirts, so if I can find one that is funny and travel inspired then even better. This year I am actually gifting him one of the shirts from our tee shop. I know it will be perfect for him as we love a good road trip, but at the same time, they can be a tad stressful for the parents.
- An awesome map to track their travels. I have seen a lot of great DIY map ideas for travel but to be honest, I do not have much time for a DIY with summer break and all. So, I really like this fun scratch off map as a gift idea. Our family loves to have maps and track our travels, and I think this is a great idea for those dads who love to visit new places. I love this one because it not only has all the countries of the world, but it has the states in the USA as well.
- Back up charger for phones and tablets. Whenever we travel we are sure to take a back up charger for our phones and tablets. Right now, I have to say the coolest one probably has to be the FuelRod. Have you heard about it? You pay $20 for the back up charger. Then there are FuelRod kiosks all over the country where you can exchange your current (drained) one for a fully charged one. FuelRods can also be recharged in your home. They even have the kiosks in Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Packing cubes. I know a lot of people who swear by these and so these are on our list. We have been using the ziploc bag trick, but I have friends that swear by packing cubes and gave up ziploc bags in a heartbeat. I am always looking for ways to better organize our suitcases. Especially with a growing family. And I know my husband likes to have his bag super organized whenever he travels. These would especially be great for the dad that may travel often for business. I love the packing cubes pictured below.
- Survival Bracelet. If hiking or camping are part of the dad in your life’s travel adventures, a survival bracelet is a great, affordable gift. Survival Bracelets have lots of different features depending on the exact one you choose. Most include paracord that can be unraveled. Other features may include a fire starter, compass, whistle and more. This is honestly one of my husband’s favorite gifts that he has gotten.
- Travel humidifier. Hotel air can be dry, and so a travel humidifier is a great item to have on hand. My husband wakes up hacking when the air is too dry, not to mention his sinuses start to act up, so he loves his humidifier. These are great because you just attach a water bottle to them and they work for up to 12 hours.
- Luggage. Of course every travel lover needs a good quality suitcase. I personally love spinner suitcases with 4 wheels because you can pull and push them easily in any direction. There are several quality brands that you can choose from, so you can find one that is perfect for your dad who loves to travel.
I love that there are so many great travel gifts out there. You can really find something for every travel lover in your life. What travel gifts would be perfect for the dad in your life?
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!