We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
Last July the Disneyland Resort turned 60 years old and they have been throwing a HUGE party! We were blessed enough to visit during the celebration two times. If you haven’t been yet, don’t worry, there is still time to visit Disneyland this summer before the party is over as they are dazzling all summer long.
If you are on the fence about visiting Disneyland during peak season, don’t be. Yes, we have all heard horror stories about how hot and crowded it can be during the summer. (Don’t believe everything you hear though.) Don’t let that keep you from going and enjoying this time. Below we have 5 reasons you will want to make sure to get to Disneyland before the celebration is over.
Reasons to Visit Disneyland This Summer
- The Castle- Sleeping Beauty Castle is all decked out and can I just say, she looks beautiful! After the celebration ends, there will most likely be some time where the castle is blocked by cranes or even tents while they remove the 60th garb and put up the Christmas stuff. How long will it be like that? I don’t know. But this summer will probably be the best time to get a picture in front of the castle before Christmas season. Plus, the castleThe Castle- Sleeping Beauty Castle is all decked out and can I just say, she looks beautiful! After the celebration ends, there will most likely be some time where the castle is blocked by cranes or even tents while they remove the 60th garb and put up the Christmas stuff. How long will it be like that? I don’t know. But this summer will probably be the best time to get a picture in front of the castle before Christmas season. Plus, the castle won’t be decked out like this again, so you want that photo to say you saw the castle dripping in diamonds. won’t be decked out like this again, so you want that photo to say you saw the castle dripping in diamonds.
- Limited Time Merchandise- The 60th has brought a lot of really cool limited time merchandise to the park. Once the 60th is over, those souvenirs will be gone. From Mickey and Minnie Ears, to clothing, to Christmas Ornaments and more, there is something for everyone! Don’t miss your chance to get these items, but to also get them as a memory from an amazing trip.
- Special Photo Opps- During the 60th, Disneyland Resort has had several special photo opps set up through out the park. They are a lot of fun to visit and get pictures of the entire family. Will they keep these photos spots after the 60th? Maybe (I hope so). But don’t take a chance if you want these fun family photos.
- Refurbishments are coming- After this summer season, most likely we will see a lot of refurbishments. Disneyland has actually kept a lot of rides open during the massive celebration, and many rides are due for some maintenance, or even refurbishments. Not to mention we have already seen closures for the new Star Wars Land. Chances are that we will see a long list of closures coming this fall.
- Great deals are still available- Believe it or not, even though it is peak season, and summer is already here, you can still find some great deals for a Disneyland Vacation. Our friends at Get Away Today have several offers not only for Disneyland but also for Universal Studios. Wouldn’t it be great to not only experience Disneyland 60 but also to get to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Hollywood during it’s opening year? Check out these 4 awesome deals from Get Away Today:
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate of Get Away Today. If you book through one of the links below, I will earn a commission, but you still get the same amazing deal. How cool is that? Check out the packages below to see the kind of deals you can get!
Discount Disneyland Vacations- Get Away Today offers discounted vacations to Disneyland Resort every single day. These deals are awesome and like always, you can layaway a vacation for only $175 down (depending on length of time between booking and vacation.
Extra night FREE Disneyland Vacations- Get Away Today gets you great hotel deals (and Disneyland ticket deals) by getting you extra nights for free. You can check out all the hotels that offer a free night and see how much money you can save. Your Disneyland vacation may be more affordable than you think.
Discount Universal Studios Vacation- Are you a Potterhead? Or maybe you just want to check out Universal Studios in Hollywood? If so, this is the package for you. Just like with Disneyland, Get Away Today has some great discount packages available to you.
Discount San Diego Vacations- So maybe the theme parks aren’t really your style, or maybe you want to hit up Legoland, or the San Diego Zoo, or even just relax on the beach. Get Away Today has a great vacation package for San Diego destinations as well. Check out how easy it is to enjoy the perfect San Diego weather.
Will you be heading to Disneyland this summer? What are you most looking forward to?
A big thank you to Melissa from Rolling With The Magic for her amazing picture of the castle!