We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
If you are looking for an easy, fun Cricut project for Valentine’s Day then I have you covered. I love giving neighbors gifts all year, as well as teachers and other people in my life. These Valentine’s Day Mason Treat Jars are a perfect gift to let friends know you care about them.
I shared how I got my Cricut Explore Air 2 and just can’t stop crafting with it, so it is only natural that I found a way to use it for Valentine’s Day (in addition to my recent Conversation Heart Valentine’s Day Card). I am also really into Mason Jar Gifts, so I thought these are a perfect fit for me.
This DIY project is perfect for beginners as it is pretty simple. It will give you some great practice on utilizing Cricut Design Space, such as uploading your own images, resizing and choosing a cutting material.
You will also get great practice with weeding and using transfer tape.
Easy DIY Valentine’s Treat Jars Cricut Project
- Valentine’s SVG File
- Cricut Maker with Fine Point Blade
- Standard grip mat
- Cricut Premium Vinyl, Removable (Pink from Vibrant Value Pack)
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Mason Jars, 16oz with lid
- Weeding Tool
- Ribbon, ¼” wide
- Silver Hershey Kisses candy (or other candy of your choice)
1. Thoroughly wash jars with soap and hot water and let them dry completely before using.
2. Upload Valentines SVG File into Design Space.
3. Click and drag over each of the phrases separately to adjust the size. Make “Happy Valentine’s” and “Sweet Heart” phrases sized to 2.75″ high and the “Be Mine” phrase sized to 2.25” high on the Design Space canvas.
4. Next, click and drag each phrase separately, then select “Group” and then “Attach” before proceeding.
5. Select “Make It” in Design Space.
6. Set material type to Premium Vinyl.
7. Follow prompts for loading mat into Maker and cutting the premium vinyl. When cut is complete, unload mat from the Maker.
8. Remove the Premium Vinyl from the mat.
9. Cut around each phrase with a pair of scissors. Using the weeding tool, peel away the excess vinyl around the cut phrases and discard.
10. Cut a piece of transfer tape a bit larger than the size of the phrase.
11. Peel away the transfer tape backing and place the transfer tape overtop of the vinyl phrase. Gently rub the vinyl to help it stick to the transfer tape.
12. Peel away the vinyl backing, leaving just the phrase adhered to the transfer tape.
13. Position the phrase with the transfer tape on to the smooth side of a jar and press in place. You can place the lettering straight across or at an angle.
14. Press the vinyl phrase down with your fingers or with the Cricut scraping tool to help it to stick to the glass jar.
15. Slowly and carefully remove the transfer tape leaving the vinyl phrase on the jar.
16. As an added option, you can cut circles from the same colored premium vinyl to cover the jar lid. Simply select the Shapes icon in the Design Space canvas and adjust size to 2” or other size to fit your mason jar lid.
17. To finish, tie or glue a piece of ribbon around the jar lid.
18. Fill the jar with sweet treats such as Hershey’s Kisses chocolates.
I hope you enjoy making these Valentine’s Mason Treat Jars. If you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments.