We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
You have kissed your little ones goodbye and sent them off for a new school year. Hooray! Or maybe you are sad that school is back in session. Either way, the little ones are gone, and suddenly, you have a lot more time on your hands. Our summer was filled with adventures and appointments for the kids. What it didn’t contain, was appointments for me. Well guess what? Now that school is back in, it is time that us moms take some time to focus on ourselves. Moms- Back To School Time Equals YOU TIME!
Now is the time to do the things you have been putting off doing. Before after school activities, music concerts, and fund raisers are in full swing. Take some time to make sure you are taken care of and pampered.
Take Care Of Your Body
Now is the time to set up all those appointments you really should have done months ago, but kept putting off. You know the ones….
- Set up your annual physical/well-being appointment with your doctor. Haven’t had yours in a while, now is the time. Get your check up done and make sure you are good to go. Bring up any concerns you have with your doctor without having to find a babysitter or have kids whining about how bored they are.
- Go to the dentist. Time to go and get a nice teeth cleaning. I love how my teeth feel after a dentist appointment. Go make them pearly whites shine and make sure you don’t have any issues while you can actually lay in the chair with no worries about if the ipad will keep you toddler entertained.
- Get your eye exam. Okay moms, if you are like me you have a pair of glasses that are several years old and you ran out of contact lenses 6 weeks into the summer. Go get your eye exam! If you head into your local JC Penney Optical you can get your exam AND a great deal on new frames (more on that in a minute). You can locate your JC Penney Optical by CLICKING HERE.
Now that you took some you time and took care of yourself physically, be sure to take care of yourself emotionally with a little pampering. You have worked hard all summer, and getting kids ready for back to school- so go ahead and set up some appointments to make yourself feel good.
- Get your hair done. I am embarassed to say how long it has been since I had a real hair appointment. (Since before the twins were born- YIKES!) I have had one trim since then, but not a real appointment where I came out with a style and color job where I loved my hair.
- Get a mani-pedi – or do your own. Pamper those fingers and toes. Get a mani-pedi and make your nails look cute. Can’t afford to go somewhere and get them done- do an at home spa day either alone or with some friends who have also sent their kids off to school.
- Buy some new outfits. Over the summer I relied on capris and tees to keep me comfortable and hot. Now that the weather is cooling down I realized 1) I want to get back into having a little sense of fashion and 2) I have no pants! All of my pants were pretty worn out by the end of spring, so I tossed all but one pair. YIKES! So moms, if you are like me, get out and buy yourself a few new wardrobe staples and maybe a fun piece or two.
- Accessorize those new clothes and hair styles. A few cute pieces of jewlery go a long way, but also look at other accessories you might be able to use to kick your look up a notch. Okay, so often times, in the morning, I do not have time to throw in my contacts, or maybe my eyes need a rest. I love that my prescription glasses can be a quick, yet cute, solution and also accessorize my outfit. And guess what? JC Penney Optical has a great deal going on now until September 9th. With their Labor Day Sale you can get 60% one pair of frames valued $120 or more. That is an AMAZING deal on some great, and fashionable frames. I love that I can put on my glasses and feel like they bring my look together, and I do not have to feel like frumpy mom at school drop off.
- Just relax! Take a little you time to just relax. Whether that means meeting up with friends for lunch, sitting at home reading a book, or just taking a nap. Take some time to relax.
Now that those kids are back in school, take a little time for you. After all, a happy mom is a good mom!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.