We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPureRelief #CollectiveBias
I love vacation, but I am not a fan of packing. I take that back, I kind of like the whole organizing, making lists, and anticipation of going on vacation, I just don’t like the actual packing part. Trying to get everyone’s stuff into suitcases, making sure we have everything and all that jazz. Over my many years of traveling, I have learned some great little packing hacks and I am excited to share them with you. PLUS- at the end I have a Free Packing Checklist!
Packing Hacks For Your Vacation
- For starters- if you are wanting to pack less, be sure to pack lots of neutral staple pieces. If that isn’t your style and you still want to pack a minimal amount, pack enough for 3-4 days, and also pack travel size laundry detergent (or the laundry packs) and some quarters and wash laundry once or twice while on vacation.
- Speaking of laundry- if you plan on doing it, don’t forget the dryer sheets, but how about making them do double duty? When packing, place a dryer sheet in between each layer of clothing to help keep them fresh smelling. This is a great tip if you will be traveling for long distances or over several locations and have to keep your clothes in suitcases for longer than you would like.
- If you are flying and checking luggage, tie a bright ribbon to the handle of your suitcase to easily identify it at baggage claim.
- I have shared many times that I use storage bags for packing. I mostly use them to pack outfits for my toddlers in, but I also love to use them for putting flip flops or other flat shoes in. Just use gallon size storage bags and you can keep them together, and keep your other clothes from smelling like feet.
- Flying, driving long hours, or traveling to a different environment? Be sure to be prepared for dry, itchy eyes. I remember how dry my eyes felt after the first time we drove overnight to California. We had passed through several different climates and the changes in humidity, plus lack of good sleep really got to them. To battle dry eyes, I suggest packing New Clear Eyes® Pure Relief™. Clear Eyes® Pure Relief™ are the first preservative free multi-dose eye drops available over the counter in the United States. I love that they are preservative free, and being over the counter means I was able to pick some up right here at my local Target. I picked up both the Clear Eyes® Pure Relief™ for Dry Eyes and the Clear Eyes® Pure Relief™ Multi Symptom. Both give 12 hours of soothing comfort, but the multi symptom is great for me because when my eyes get dry, they also get gritty and itchy.
I was a little worried about them being preservation free as part of our vacation is being spent in the great outdoors. But then I read that the bottle has a built in purifying filter. This filter keeps the bacteria out which is why the drops do not need preservatives. I also love that this makes them a much better value then the single use preservative free drops. I get 220 drops in one bottle for about the same price as 60 single use drops. Before you head to Target to pick them up, be sure to get this online coupon to make them an even greater value. You can get the coupon here: https://cbi.as/47jnh
- Organize cords with hair accessories. I like to make things do double duty, so I use hair ties to organize my cords, especially on my curling irons and straighteners, etc. It keeps the cords organized, but also keeps my hair ties with my hair things.
- Utilize free packing checklists. Sometimes you forget something super simple, even when making lists. Utilize online packing check lists to help you not miss anything important. I am excited to share with you today a free printable packing checklist for you!
Before you download the free packing checklist, a few rules about our printables:
- All printables on this site are for PERSONAL use only. Do not replicate them or sell them for profit. Not cool!
- Do NOT remove the copyright (if there is one) or attribution to this site. Just don’t. Again, not cool.
- If you do share this printable with others, please link back to this post for others to grab it.
- When printing printables from the site, first click on the link, when the PDF pops up, click the download button, but then choose “Open with Adobe….”. Once you open it with Adobe on your computer, than you can print it. If you try and print it without this step it may not print correctly.
You can get your printable by CLICKING HERE.
Do you have a packing hack that you have found super helpful? Share it below in the comments.