We may earn money or products from the companies or links mentioned in this post.
This is a post I wrote back when this blog was still Love Our Disney, in February 2014, as an opportunity through Mom Select and Disney Parks. All opinions are my own.
Several years ago I threw a Disneyland themed party. It was a total blast. As we are looking to celebrate my oldest’s 8th birthday this month, I thought it would be fun to look back on this party for some inspiration. This party was a lot of fun and transported our guests to the Happiest Place On Earth, hopefully it can help you do the same.
Food for our Disneyland Party Theme
Activities At Our Disneyland Themed Party
Now you have a tea cup all ready to use.
When we were in Disneyland in November 2013, the Innoventions building had Disney Infitinity set up for you to play. We thought this would be a great way to entertain the older kids who were attending the party, and also a great representation of Tomorrowland. We set a timer for game play so that everyone would get a turn.
For Frontierland we decided to see how well our guests could shoot a gun. They were asked to shoot over the cups and afterwards they were given a prize.
One of our favorite parts of Disneyland is meeting the characters. Since we couldn’t fly all of the characters to our party, we asked all of our guests to come in Disney Bound outfits. (If you don’t know what Disney Bound is, check it out on pinterest or go to the Disney Bound site on tumblr). You can check out my Disney Bound Outfit on my instagram HERE. We also decided to have each guest write their favorite Disney character a letter.
If you do not know, you can write your favorite character at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World a letter, with your address at the bottom, and they will send you back an autographed post card/photo. We did not tell our guests exactly what to expect, but we let them know they may get a magical surprise from doing this.
If you want to know more about writing your favorite characters check out this post from Couponing to Disney.
Of course, there are two other things you must have before the end of your vacation. The first is a souvenir shirt. Hanes was awesome and sent us T-Shirts and Fabric markers in our kits, so we let the kids go at them. We thought about doing stencils, etc but we decided instead to let them do whatever they wanted. Some of them turned out really cool.
Fun Disneyland Party Photo Booth Idea
Of course, no trip to Disneyland would be complete without a picture in front of the castle. I went back and forth on how to do the picture. I thought about ordering huge prints, but none were as big as I wanted, and the cost was outrageous for a good quality print. I finally decided that I would use a green screen and then photoshop the castle in. I knew it would look corny, but I still love how it turned out.
I hope our guests had an amazing time, I know our family sure did. I loved seeing how creative everyone was with their outfits, and it was fun that they all had a good amount of stuff to take home with them.
Other Disneyland Party Theme Ideas
Some other fun activities that represent different lands if you are planning your own Disneyland party:
- Adventureland- hide animals around the party, stamps, letter boxes, that you would find on the Jungle Cruise and have the guests find them. The one to either complete the task first, or find the most (depending on the specific items used) wins a prize.
- Mickey’s ToonTown- make your own Mickey Ears. You can find lots of patterns online or you can print out a Mickey head and let them decorate them how they want.
- Critter Country- If it is the summer, set up a slip n’ slide to commemorate Splash Mountain
- New Orleans Square- have some yummy cajun cuisine. Not your thing? Have a treasure map and search for hidden treasure to represent Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Mainstreet USA- We used our photo booth to represent Mainstreet USA but another great activity would be making Carmel Apples.
- If you are wanting to throw a Halloween themed party, Britni at PlayPartyPlan has a lot of great Disneyland Halloween Party ideas.
What was your favorite part of our Disney Side party? Don’t forget to follow the hashtag #DisneySide to check out all the other fun parties.